Privacy & Security Policy for www.magathabagatha.co.uk. At Magatha Bagatha we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy and security of our visitors.
This Privacy & Security Policy explains what happens to any personal data that you provide to us, or that we collect from you whilst you visit our site and how we keep your visit to us secure.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly. Your continued use of this site after any change in this Privacy & Security Policy will constitute your acceptance of such change.
Information we collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you subscribe to our newsletter, register for information or make a purchase.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
Our newsletter is only sent to you if you’ve completed the “double opt-in” method to subscribe and you can easily unsubscribe whenever you want to. This means that we are not associated with spam in any way. Despite this, our newsletter is sometimes filtered as bulk/junk email. To make sure you actually receive our newsletters please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your trusted list of senders, safe list, contacts or address book. All also known as whitelisting. If you do not see an email from us in your inbox, open your spam\junk folder and look for it there, open it and mark it as “not spam” or “not junk”.
Upon submitting your email address, we’ll send a confirmation email back to the address you submitted. To subscribe to our newsletter, you then need to confirm your subscription. This is called double opt-in, because you have to confirm your desire to subscribe twice, and it makes it impossible to subscribe someone else to the newsletter.
Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your device and stored on the device’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer (in your browser pressing Ctrl+Shift+Delete may work in many cases), but this could stop our website from functioning properly.
The following is Strictly Necessary in the operation of our website.
This website will:
- Remember what is in your shopping basket
- Remember where you are in the order process
- Remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure. You can be logged in to complete an order, leave a comment or review your account.
- Remember previous actions when navigating between different pages on this website.
The following are not Strictly Necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously).
We utilise other cookies to analyse how our visitors use our websites and to monitor website performance.
This website will:
- Offer Live Chat Support (If available)
- Track the pages you visit via Google Analytics
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name and password) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise.
This website will:
- Allow Google Maps to show on our contact pages
- Allow details to be remembered if you submit a comment on our blog
Targeting cookies collect information about your browsing habits to deliver adverts which are more relevant to you and your interests.
This website will:
- Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook
- Allow you to share pages via JP Sharing
This website will not:
- Share any personal information with third parties.
You can adjust the settings on your browser to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your device. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
Use of your information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products or services that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, products or services.
- If you opened an account and have previously purchased products or services from us we may provide to you details of similar products or services, or other products and services, that you may be interested in. We may also provide to you details of any products or services that are reduced in price.
Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated products and services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time.
Storing your personal data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated and stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing your information
We will not disclose your personal information to any other party other than in accordance with this Privacy & Security Policy and in the circumstances detailed below:
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third party links
Access to information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.
The Magatha Bagatha website uses 128 bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology which is strong high-level encryption for online purchasing.
When you are in a secure area of the website, such as the checkout and account screens, you should see a solid padlock in your browser status bar which indicates that the encryption is taking place.
You will also see that the Magatha Bagatha address in the browser has changed and the http has been replaced with https in front of www.magathabagatha.co.uk.
Please do not hesitate to email email@example.com regarding any matter relating to this Privacy & Security Policy.